Hampton City Schools will be conducting kindergarten registration for the 2018-2019 school year during the weeks of April 16-20 and April 23-27. Children must be five years old on or before Sept. 30, 2018, to be eligible to register. Registration is being held at your child’s zoned school.
Parents need to bring the following to register their child:
- Proof of residency – this can be a mortgage/lease statement or a current public utility bill such as water, electric or gas or a residency affidavit (available at any school office)
- Child’s state-issued birth certificate
- Child’s physical health form – dated within 12 months of school start date - and immunization record. If parent is unable to provide a physical and an up-to-date immunization record at the time of registration, please note that these documents MUST be submitted prior to the first day of school.
- Custody papers (if applicable)
- Photo identification of parent or guardian
Upon parent request, any Hampton child who will celebrate his/her fifth birthday in October or November may be eligible to register for kindergarten pending the outcome of an evaluation. This evaluation is administered by the Hampton City Schools Language Arts Department. Parents with children who are four years of age, and born during the months of October or November may call 727-2130 to schedule an entrance evaluation appointment. Please note that the Language Arts Department will make the final decision regarding the child's eligibility status.
For addition questions and details, please contact your child’s zoned school or the Early Childhood Office at 727-2448. HCS highly encourages parents to register their child now, prior to the start of the 2018-2019 school year.